We are hiring.......
Constructing the Future
Plastering Level 2
Salary: National Apprenticeship wage for 12 months progressing to National Minimum Wage thereafter
You must live in the Lancaster / Morecambe areas to apply for this position
Employment Type: Apprenticeship
Closing date: Monday 2nd August 2021 at 5:00pm
Calico Enterprise have an exciting opportunity based in the Lancaster area, for an Apprentice wanting to pursue a career in Plastering through an Apprenticeship. The successful individual must have a desire to hold a future career in the Construction Industry. You will be working with Evolution Ltd, carrying out plastering within our homes which are being refurbished.
The Apprentice will work on our existing housing stock or new construction sites, applying wet finishes to walls, ceilings, and floors. A plasterer is an expert at using the specialist tools of their trade and has a good knowledge of how to work safely.
Some duties will include,
· Solid plastering – applying wet finishes to surfaces and putting protective coverings like pebble-dashing on external walls
· Dry lining – fixing internal plasterboard or wallboard partitions by fastening them together on a timber or metal frame ready for decorating
As well as employment within a supportive and people orientated company, the successful candidate with benefit from:
- Personal Protective Clothing provided
- College training, usually on a day release basis
- Tailored support and guidance throughout their employment
- 21 days annual leave
Minimum Qualifications required:
There are no formal requirements although it would help to have Maths and English GCSE Grades A-C.
Throughout the first year of your apprenticeship you will be paid national apprenticeship minimum wage (currently £4.30 an hour) progressing onto national minimum wage in your second year.
Hours of work will be 8:00am – 4pm, Monday – Friday with one day per week in College. College hours may vary.
Any candidates interested in applying for this position should: -
1. Register their interest Joanne Hoyle on 07976 079735 or by email at email@example.com
2. Complete the attached application form
As part of the selection process, the applicant will need to pass their CSCS test and be a CSCS card holder. (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
For any questions, please contact Joanne on the email address above or by phone on 07976 079735